I am an artist/designer who excels at all manner of design and graphics work, prioritizing and completing tasks in a professional manner. Consistently recognized nationally for superior art and design work. My work has appeared in numerous newspapers and national magazines through out the country. Enthusiastic graphics and design professional with over 30 years experience. A true self starter that is known for my great ability to work with others in a fun, professional manner. I bring an expert level of artistic quality and creative solutions that have increased sales and broad community support.
University of Hard Knocks Graphic Arts And Design
Worked my way up beginning with the Graphics/Print Dept./Teledyne Industries (U.S. Cruise Missiles), an electronics retailer, Marco Wholesale (Print/Radio), Koontz Advertising (Radio/Print/TV), Buckeye CableSystem (TV/Radio/Print).
ADDITIONAL TRAINING - Poynter Institute of Journalism (St. Petersburg, Florida)
Poynter classes (with certification) on design, illustration, infographics and art direction.
Detroit Free Press - Detroit, Michigan
Graphic Artist - Nov. 1995 - Aug. 1999
Assistant Graphics Director - Aug. 1999 - June 2004
Art Director/Illustration June 2004 - Feb. -2014
• Develop and create illustrations, infographics and design elements through
out the paper.
• Meet and coordinate with section editors/writers to develop design and illustration art, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
• Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with editors and page designers.
• Hire and coordinate freelance illustrators. Work as liaison between the illustrator and the editor and/or writers, managing and staying within freelance budgets.
• Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.• Research new software and design concepts.
© 2017 Rick Nease